- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sam Rockwell, Jeffrey Tambor and Steve Coogan are getting animated.
The actors will lend their voices to the R-rated animation The Adventures of Drunky, along with Nina Arianda, Dave Attell and rapper Tyler, The Creator.
The supporting cast will include Abby Elliot, John Leguizamo, Jon Glaser, Jay Pharoah and Noel Wells.
Rockwell will voice a barfly named Drunky who unwittingly becomes involved in a bet with divine powers that be, Satan (Coogan) and God (Tambor), and must travel through heaven and hell to save Earth and rescue the girl he loves.
Aaron Augenblick will direct the pic from a screenplay written by Aaron Bergeron, with Lisa Thomas, Kris Wollinger, James Belfer and Daniel Shepard set to produce and Peter Lengyel and Adam Belfer acting as executive producers.
“The Adventures of Drunky is everything I love about cartoons,” said Augenblick. “It’s hand-drawn, surreal and funny as hell.”
The project will be the first animated feature film ever produced in Brooklyn, N.Y.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day