- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The film revolves around brothers in an economically depressed part of the American Rust Belt. When one brother goes to prison, the other is lured into a ruthless gang.
“This is a meaty script with characters as strong as they are complex, and we needed powerhouse actors who complement the story,” Tooley said. “Christian, Casey, Zoe and Sam each approach everything they do with heart and conviction. We can’t wait to see what each of them brings to this film.”
Shepard will play the uncle of Rodney Baze Jr. (Affleck), and Bale plays his older brother Russell. Saldana is the love interest.
Production on the movie is to begin this month. Relativity Media will release the movie domestically. Red Granite is handling foreign rights and international sales. Red Granite International president Danny Dimbort and co-president Christian Mercuri will be offering the film at Cannes.
The producers are Appian Way’s Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Killoran along with Scott Free’s Ridley Scott, Tony Scott and Michael Costigan and Relativity CEO Ryan Kavanaugh. Energy Entertainment’s Brooklyn Weaver is an executive producer.
Bale and Affleck were represented by WME. Saldana and Shepard were repped by ICM.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day