- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sam Smith sang “Lay Me Down” during the Brit Awards on Wednesday night.
The singer hit the stage of London’s O2 Arena for his soulful performance with an uncharacteristic amount of scruff. Smith was backed by strings accompaniment while he sang in front of the Brit Awards audience, which included some of the biggest names in British, as well as international, music.
The Brit Awards — which were streamed live on YouTube before the telecast on Fuse — also featured performances by Madonna, Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Paloma Faith, George Ezra, Royal Blood and Take That, plus a surprise performance by Kanye West.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Mindy Kaling, Bruce Springsteen, Julia Louis-Dreyfus Among Honorees of White House’s National Medals of Arts
Ed Sheeran Goes on Intimate Journey in New Disney+ Docuseries ‘Ed Sheeran: The Sum of It All’
Mark Twain Prize
Adam Sandler’s Starry Friends Toast His Comic Legacy as He Receives Mark Twain Humor Prize
Jason Ritter Jokes His First Hollywood Job Was a “Full-on Nepotism Hire” Thanks to His Dad John Ritter