- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Law & Order vet Sam Waterstonhas joined the cast of Aaron Sorkin’s cable news pilot at HBO, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The project, tentatively titled More as This Story Develops, revolves around Will (Jeff Daniels), the co-anchor of a cable news show who must contend with a new team after his fellow host lands a new gig and takes most of his staff with him. Waterston will play Will’s boss.
Waterston joins Olivia Munn, who will play Sloan, one of the “new breed” of sexy financial analysts with a show on Will’s network; and Alison Pill, who is set as Maggie, one of Will’s loyal associate producers who is in a shaky relationship with another staffer on the show.
Daniels’ role was originally written as a fortysomething and marks his first regular series TV gig.
Alan Poul (Six Feet Under) recently joined the project as an executive producer alongside Sorkin and Scott Rudin (The Social Network), and will direct episodes should the pilot go to series.
Waterston, who played Jack McCoy onLaw & Order from 1994-2010, is repped by Gersh and Industry Entertainment.
TVLine first reported the news.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day