- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Let the wedding bells ring for Orange is the New Black star Samira Wiley and the show’s writer Lauren Morelli.
Wiley, best known for playing Poussey Washington on the Netflix hit, announced Tuesday she’s engaged to girlfriend Morelli, according to an Instagram post. “Yes,” Wiley captioned the photo, in which she’s seen showing off her new bling with Morelli leaning against her — both with the biggest grins on their faces. Morelli shared the same image, using simply a red heart emoji.
This will be the first marriage for Wiley, 29, and the second for Morelli, who was previously married to The Goldbergs producer Steve Basilone for two years before filing for divorce in 2014.
Morelli came out as gay in May 2014, penning an essay on Identities.Mic that explained how writing love scenes for OITNB‘s lesbian characters helped her realize her own identity. “In Piper and Alex, I’d found a mouthpiece for my own desires and a glimmer of what my future could look like,” she wrote.
Congrats to the happy couple!
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day