- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
If two conventions and round-the-clock coverage of candidates bickering hasn’t gotten President Obama‘s base mobilized, perhaps Samuel L. Jackson can do the trick.
The Avengers star, fresh off reading the childhood classic picture book Go the F— to Sleep on audiobook, has recorded a politically-charged rewrite of the story, asking Obama voters to “Wake the F— Up” and head to the polls.
Showing up out of the blue in a sleepy suburban family’s home, he explains (in rhyme), “Sorry my friends, there’s no time to snore. An out-of-touch millionaire has just declared war. On schools, the environment, unions, fair pay, we’re all on our own if Romney has his way. And he’s against safety nets; if you fall, tough luck. So I strongly suggest that you wake the f— up!”
Jackson gets an assist from a young girl who is quite riled up about the potential consequences of a Mitt Romney candidacy, making for his best team up since his work with Agent Coulson earlier this year.
The ad was funded by the Jewish Council for Education and Research Super PAC; the script was written by Adam Mansbach, who penned the delightfully rude children’s book.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day