- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A prequel for The Sandlot, the iconic 1993 baseball pic that followed the antics of a crew of kids who accidentally sacrifice a Babe Ruth-signed baseball to the neighborhood dog, is in the works at 20th Century Fox, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The project, now in advanced development at the studio, will be penned by the original director and writer, David Mickey Evans, and new writer Austin Reynolds. Plans for a prequel come on the heels of the baseball film’s 25th anniversary.
The Sandlot starred mainly children, including Tom Guiry (who played Scotty Smalls), Chauncey Leopardi (Michael “Squints” Palledorous), Brandon Quintin Adams (Kenny DeNunez), Shane Obedzinski (Tommy “Repeat” Timmons), Victor DiMattia (Timmy Timmons), Marty York (Alan “Yeah-Yeah” McClennan), Grant Gelt (Bertram Grover Weeks) and Renna (Hamilton “Ham” Porter).
There is no word on a plotline for the prequel.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Roe V. Wade