- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Susanne Bier’s Bird Box will have its world premiere as a gala screening at AFI Fest, which is set to run Nov. 8-15 at various venues in Hollywood. Sandra Bullock stars in the Netflix film, an apocalyptic thriller that also features Trevante Rhodes, Sarah Paulson and John Malkovich.
The festival will also present the world premiere of the first three episodes of The Kominsky Method, an eight-episode Netflix series created by Chuck Lorre and starring Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin as a once-famous actor and his longtime agent, respectively. The project was written by Al Higgins, David Javerbaum and Lorre, who also directed the first episode.
Additional gala screenings will include Ethan and Joel Coen’s The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, Peter Farrelly’s Green Book and Steve McQueen’s Widows. All the gala screenings will take place at the TCL Chinese Theatre.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day