- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bullock will star in and produce the long-gestating movie adaptation that has Nora Fingscheidt on board to direct. The original British three-parter, written by Sally Wainwright, followed Ruth Slater as a woman released from prison after serving a 15-year sentence for a violent crime and looking to reunite with the estranged younger sister she was forced to leave behind.
Bullock will portray Slater in the Netflix film. Suranne Jones played the role in the original miniseries.
Fingscheidt made her directorial debut with the film Systemsprenger, which premiered in September at the Berlin International Film Festival, where the filmmaker won the Silver Bear for new perspectives in cinema.
Oscar winner Christopher McQuarrie (The Usual Suspects, Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation) is set to adapt the British miniseries for the Netflix feature, which will have Veronica Ferres producing. Executive producer credits will be shared by Nan Morales, Nicola Shindler, Wainwright and Colin Vaines.
Bullock’s latest feature, Bird Box, also streamed on Netflix.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Hollywood Reporter
saturday night live