- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
On June 4, the Supreme Court delivered a narrow ruling in favor of Colorado baker Jack Phillips, who cited religious beliefs in his refusal to bake a wedding cake for a same-sex couple.
The decision didn’t sit well with many entertainment people, and now Sandra Lee, the domestic guru and longtime partner of New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, confirms to THR that she will help any same-sex couple that is denied services by a bakery of their choice to find a new baker “who appreciates your commitment and loves you for who you are.”
The ruling was particularly upsetting for Lee, who is currently in Denver, Colorado, where she’s filming a Halloween special — the holiday has long been a favorite and one of her entertaining specialties — because she has many LGBTQ friends, and she currently has a personal commitment to bake two cakes for a male couple for their respective celebrations in New York and London.
Lee won’t stop with the oven, however. “Flowers too, for that matter!” she tells THR. “Same with Halloween. Enough of this nonsense.”
A version of this story first appeared in the June 13 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day