- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
COLOGNE, Germany – The femme comedy quartet of Emily Watson, Sandra Oh, Nia Vardalos and Melora Hardin have checked into to 33 Liberty Lane, a romantic comedy about four friends who set up a phone-sex company.
British helmer Peter Hewitt (Garfield, The Borrowers) is set to direct the Liberty Lane script by Canadian writer Stephen Ayres for producers Su Armstrong (Good Will Hunting) and Brian Rosen (Ferngully) of Australian shingle Tree. Filming is set to start in June/July in Winnipeg, Manitoba – taking advantage of Oh’s summer hiatus from Grey’s Anatomy – for delivery for Sundance 2013.
The film’s plot has the four down-on-their-luck women turning to telephone sex as a way to make a quick buck. But without much in the way of sexual expertise – their team includes mother and recently dumped wife Brenda (Watson), the 40-year-old virgin Karen (Oh), stalled corporate executive Connie (Hardin) and serial marrier Isabella (Vardalos) – they enlist the services of a local hooker to keep their new erotic business afloat.
Danish sales group Level K has picked up world sales duties on 33 Liberty Lane and will be shopping the title to buyers in Cannes next month.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day