- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“I celebrate my fellow nominees,” Oh said as she took the stage. She went on to thank the cast and her mentors, “all the fellow creative dreamers and actors — I have felt your support so tremendously.” The actress went on to recall that “Jamie Foxx pulled me aside in 2006 and said, ‘Keep going,'” in reference to her career.
Backstage, Oh considered the state of the industry: “What do I think about diversity? May it continue to grow. Are we there yet? Of course not, but it’s always good to have something to aspire to and continue to work toward, to see ourselves in a deeply human need — I continue to work towards that.”
Again referencing the human condition, Oh suggested that everyone can all learn from her character Eve: “Embrace your own darkness and shadows, because if you don’t make space for it, it will come and destroy you like it’s coming after Eve.”
This is the fourth win and sixth nomination for Oh.
The 2019 SAG Awards, simulcast live on TNT and TBS, took place at the Shrine Exposition Center in Los Angeles. Megan Mullally served as the show’s second-ever host, following in the footsteps of Kristen Bell last year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day