- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Adapted from Colm Toibin‘s 2009 novel by Nick Hornby, Brooklyn stars Saoirse Ronan and Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Domhnall Gleeson. Brooklyn is set in 1950s Ireland and centers on a young woman (Ronan) trapped between two men and two countries, and testing her commitment to true love and her duty to her home country.
Emory Cohen, Julie Walters and Jim Broadbent also star. Vancouver audiences also named the Brie Larson-starrer Room the best Canadian feature.
The kidnapping drama, a Canada-Irish co-production directed Lenny Abrahamson, earlier picked up the people’s choice award at the Toronto Film Festival. Room has Larson playing Joy, a young woman kidnapped and held in a tiny, windowless room for seven years with her son Jack, played by 8-year-old Jacob Tremblay.
Room, which debuted in Telluride before shifting to Toronto, opens Oct. 16 in a limited bow before expanding nationwide on Nov. 6, courtesy of A24.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Portia de Rossi