- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sara Canning and Catherine O’Hara are joining the cast of Serendipity Point Films’ Sex and Sunsets, starring Ryan Kwanten.
The film, directed by Jeremiah Chechik from Megan Martin’s adaptation of Tim Sandlin’s novel, concerns a failed writer, played by Kwanten, who meets the girl of his dreams, played by Canning, just as she is about to marry another man. O’Hara plays the girl’s eccentric and estranged mother.
Robert Lantos is producing the project along with Ari Lantos with Mark Musselman as executive producer. Principal photography begins Aug. 20 on locations in Banff, Canada and Los Angeles.
Sex and Sunsets will be distributed by eOne in Canada, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand and the Benelux.
Canning, repped by Lauren Levitt & Associates and McKeon-Myones Management, appears on The Vampire Diaries as Jenna Sommers. O’Hara, repped by ICM and Brillstein Entertainment, will next be heard as one of the voice talents in Tim Burton’s upcoming Frankenweenie.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day