- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gilbert shared the details of the surprise proposal Monday on the CBS daytime talk show. Perry went to elaborate lengths in setting up the big moment, which involved a picnic in the park, members of both of their families, singer John Waite (who played his song “Missing You,” which also was their “breakup song”) and a series of T-shirts adorned with the words “Will you marry me?”
So what was Gilbert’s response? “Well yeah, after that spectacle!”
Gilbert and Perry have been dating since late 2011. The former Roseanne star, who is the sister of Melissa Gilbert, also executive produces The Talk. She shares custody of an 8-year-old son, Levi, and 5-year-old daughter, Sawyer, with TV producer ex Allison Adler.
Perry, former lead singer of 4 Non-Blondes, is now a songwriter with hits for Pink, Gwen Stefani, Christina Aguilera andJames Blunt to her credit.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day