- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The actress told Access Hollywood on Thursday that there are no plans to begin work on a third installment anytime soon.
“I don’t know of a movie in the imminent, or near, or even distant future,” she said.
Parker, who not only is the star of the franchise but also a proruder, added that any decision will likely be made when the SATC team feels that the time is right, though she doesn’t “see it within the next year or so.”
“Honestly, I’m not being cagey,” she added. “There is no discussion currently of a Sex and the City 3. Do I hold it out in my future in some way as a possibility? Of course.”
Her quotes come on the heels of an interview she gave Parade magazine in which she said she already has the story line in mind for a third SATC movie.
“I know what the story is,” she said. “It’s a small story, but I think it should be told. The question is, what’s the right time to tell it?”
Parker next stars in I Don’t Know How She Does It opposite Greg Kinnear, Olivia Munn and Christina Hendricks, which opens Sept. 18, and is part of the A-list ensemble New Year’s Eve, hitting theaters Dec. 9.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day