- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sarah Jessica Parker takes her weather warnings seriously.
The actress, who’s currently promoting her new film I Don’t Know How She Does It, told reporters Thursday that she is “battening down the hatches” in preparation for Hurricane Irene, which is expected to hit the East Coast and New York City Saturday.
SJP said she plans to remove anything that can fly through windows and is making sure she and husband, actor Matthew Broderick, and their son James Wilkie, 8, as well as two-year-old twins, Loretta and Tabitha, are fully stocked with water, flashlights and batteries.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has encouraged people to use Twitter and other social media sites to communicate rather than cell phones in the event the storm hits.
“Mobile phone devices are good tools, but they shouldn’t be the only tool,” FEMA administrator Craig Fugate said Thursday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day