- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Fashionista.com is reporting it, so is Grazia in Europe: the possibility that Victoria Beckham and Sarah Jessica Parker are secretly creating a new line of clothing aimed at women ages 20-50. It’s an Internet rumour that’s gathering moss by the minute.
The big question is: Why? Beckham lives in L.A., Parker in New York, and they both have more than a few children. But Parker is probably itching to get back into designing again, after she was very hands-on for the year that she was creative director at Halston Heritage (before Harvey Weinstein sold the brand and walked away). Her collaborators there did nothing but sing the praises of her design acumen, hands-on approach, dedication and long hours.
But Beckham’s luxe slim-cut clothes are selling out everywhere, so she doesn’t need another venue to prove herself in — unless this collab line would be lower-priced, as her dresses at Neiman’s are often three grand or more. One thing is sure: These would be clothes aimed at women who work out a lot and have pretty great figures.
A double celebrity brand — that would be a first!
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day