- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
COLOGNE, Germany – Scarlett Johnasson and Oscar-winner Denzel Washington will be honored in Germany this weekend with the Golden Camera prize, one of the country’s top entertainment awards.
Johansson, who stars in Joss Whedon‘s summer tentpole The Avengers, will receive the best international actress award while Washington, currently in theaters with Daniel Espinosa’s Safe House, picks up the Golden Camera for best international actor.
In the music categories, R&B legend Dionne Warwick will receive a lifetime achievement honor and Dutch jazz sensation Caro Emerald will be honored with the best music international nod.
The Golden Cameras are arguably Germany’s most prestigious awards show, on par with the Oscars or the Emmys. Every year some 4-6 million Germans tune in to watch the live, three-hour Golden Camera broadcast. Last year’s winners included John Travolta, Rene Zellweger and Michael J. Fox.
The 2012 Golden Cameras will be held Saturday, Feb. 4 in Berlin. ?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day