- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Scarlett Johansson says Ivanka Trump could have a “big impact” by being vocal, and she’s baffled by the first daughter’s reluctance to take a public stance on controversial issues related to her father’s administration.
Johansson referenced an interview Trump gave with CBS News earlier this week in which she suggested that she voices disagreement to her father “quietly and directly and candidly.”
Johansson portrayed the first daughter in a recent Saturday Night Live sketch that showed Trump pitching a perfume called “Complicit.” Trump answered the notion that she’s complicit in her father’s policies by telling CBS, “If being complicit is wanting to be a force for good and to make a positive impact, then I’m complicit.”
Johansson was speaking at the Women in the World summit in New York on Thursday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day