- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Scott Caan is in negotiations to replace Shia LeBeouf in Rock the Kasbah, the all-star comedy being directed by Barry Levinson.
Bill Murray, Bruce Willis, Zooey Deschanel, Kate Hudson and Danny McBride are starring in the pic, which is in preproduction from QED International, Venture Forth and Open Road.
Kasbah tells of a has-been rock manager (Murray) who takes his last remaining client on a USO tour of Afghanistan. When he finds himself in Kabul, abandoned, penniless and without his passport, he discovers a young girl with an extraordinary voice and manages her through Afghanistan’s version of American Idol, the wildly popular Afghan Star.
Caan will play an ammo-dealing con man, who along with his partner (McBride) hustles Murray in war zone Kabul.
LaBeouf exited the role last week in what was described as amicable circumstances. Reasons for the departure were not disclosed.
Caan, who stars as Danno on TV’s Hawaii Five-O, is repped by Paradigm and Sloane Offer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day