- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rapper Sean Kingston and a female passenger have been hospitalized after a jet ski accident in Miami.
Kingston and the unnamed passenger were thrown from a jet ski Sunday at 6 p.m., authorities confirmed to the Associated Press. Kingston had been piloting the watercraft.
TMZ reported Monday that Kingston had been moved from the trauma unit at Jackson Memorial Hospital to the intensive care unit. A Kingston representative said the rapper was stable but remained in critical condition.
Kingston, who rose to prominence after his 2007 hit “Beautiful Girls,” has also contributed to songs by Justin Bieber. Bieber took to Twitter to express concern for Kingston after the accident.
“got my friend @seankingston in my prayers tonight. a true friend and big bro. please keep him in your prayers tonight as well,” Bieber wrote.
Authorities investigating the crash told the AP “nothing at this point would indicate that alcohol played a role.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day