- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sean Penn may be sliding back into the director’s chair.
Penn, who last directed 2007’s Into the Wild, is in talks to helm Crazy for the Storm, Warners’ adaptation of the survival memoir by Norman Ollestad.
Storm tells of Ollestad’s unique relationship with his father, who forced him into the world of extreme surfing and competitive downhill skiing beginning at the age of three. But it was those close skills that allowed an 11-year-old Norman to survive a plane crash in the midst of a blizzard in the San Gabriel mountains.
Will Fetters wrote the script for the adaptation, which is being produced by Billy Gerber, Rob Weisbach and Fonda Snyder.
Penn, who is starring in Warners’ Gangster Squad, has several projects in his orbit as directing vehicles, among them The Comedian, a dramedy that has Robert De Niro and Kristen Wiig attached.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day