- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Actor Sean Penn’s expressing no regrets about his clandestine visit to interview Mexican drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman.
In a brief email exchange with The Associated Press, Penn was asked about images published in Mexican news media Monday that appeared to show officials watching him and actress Kate Del Castillo ahead of their October visit with Guzman.
“I’ve got nothin‘ to hide,” he wrote.
Guzman was captured last Friday, more than three months after Penn’s Oct. 2 meeting with him in central Mexico and six months after escaping from prison.
Penn did not respond directly to questions about whether it was appropriate for him to submit his story to Guzman for approval in advance of publication, or whether he took adequate information and operational security measures to protect his source.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Patrick Stump on AI Chatbot Fall Out Boy Lyrics: “You’re Consuming Art That Has No Expression Behind It”
Why Barack Obama Dined With Michael B. Jordan, Regina King, the Daniels and More in Brentwood
U.S. Army to Run Repurposed ‘Be All You Can Be’ Ads Without Actor Jonathan Majors During NCAA Final Four