- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Secret of a Leader by Kazakh director Farhat Sharipov was awarded the best film prize, the Golden St George, at the award ceremony of the 41th Moscow International Film Festival, which was held Thursday in the Russian capital.
The film is focused on the story of Kanat, a mid-level bank employee in his early forties who still lives with his mother. An unexpected encounter with Kanat’s longtime friend Daniyar leads to a moral U-turn, and his life takes a plunge into the dark.
The special jury prize, the Silver St George, went to the Chinese film In Search of Echo, directed by Zhang Chi.
The best director’s Silver St George was awarded to Italy’s Valerio Mastandrea, the helmer of Ride.
Iran’s Soha Niasti earned best actress honors for her role in Rasoul Sadrameli’s My Second Year in College, while Finnish actor Tommi Korpela, the star of Aleksi Salmenpera’s Void, took home the best actor prize.
This just-concluded festival was the second edition to be held in late April, having moved from its normal June slot last year due to the World Cup soccer competition and remaining there this year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day