- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Next weekend is going to be a big one for Kat Dennings.
The actress will appear alongside Natalie Portman and Chris Hemsworth in the comic-book come-to-life portrayal of Thor, opening May 6 and concurrently, the Mike Goldbach-helmed indie, Daydream Nation, opening in NYC and L.A. the same day.
Dennings stars in the film as Caroline Wexler, a sixteen-year-old who moves to a small town and finds herself entrapped in a love triangle with her teacher (Josh Lucas) and classmate (Reece Thompson).
The indie, which premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival last year, and is being released by Anchor Bay Films, is writer-director Goldbach’s feature-film debut.
Dennings recently signed a deal to star in the CBS pilot Two Broke Girls. Goldbach is now writing Castaway on the Moon, a remake of a Korean mystery drama. Mark Waters (Mean Girls, (500) Days of Summer) is attached to direct.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day