- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Theron’s transformation was revealed the same day that NBC announced the cancellation of Kelly’s Today time slot following her controversial comments about blackface.
In paparazzi photos from Friday, Theron was seen on the set of the untitled film wearing a white t-shirt and jeans with her hair styled similarly to Kelly’s.
Another shot showed the actress sporting a shorter haircut, similar to the way Kelly styled her hair in 2016. Theron wore a black dress that mimics that style Kelly often wore on The Kelly File.
The film was written by Charles Randolph and is being directed by Jay Roach. It will detail the true story of how the women at Fox News stood up against the late boss Ailes after he created a toxic work environment full of harassment.
In addition to Theron, the cast includes John Lithgow as Ailes, Malcolm McDowell as Rupert Murdoch, Nicole Kidman as Gretchen Carlson and Margot Robbie as Kayla Pospisil.
Lionsgate is currently in negotiations to produce the film, which was dropped by Annapurna on Oct. 9. The indie distributor abruptly let go of the project just a few weeks before it was set to begin production.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day