- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
If the title of the film wasn’t a big enough spoiler on its own, the introductory scene in the Seeking a Friend for the End of the World trailer reveals that the protagonists have only three weeks to live before a 70-mile-wide asteroid smacks into the earth.
Steve Carell and Keira Knightley play two lonely neighbors, hoping to connect with a long lost love and family members, respectively, before time runs out. They set out on the road where everyone else seems to be handling the apocalypse quite differently.
The bulk of the troupe — notably Patton Oswalt, Connie Britton and Community‘s Gillian Jacobs — look content to live it up while Knightley and Carell search for something deeper. Along the way, they get arrested, play harmonicas and dodge looters, as the Talking Heads sing an exceptionally fitting “Road to Nowhere.”
The film arrives in theaters June 22. Watch the full trailer below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day