- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
There’s no such thing as a free lunch – or a free revenge murder.
That’s the basic moral of the story based on the new U.S. trailer for Seeking Justice. The Anchor Bay film stars Nicolas Cage as a man named Will Gerard whose wife (January Jones) is brutally attacked.
While he’s waiting in the hospital, a man offers to help him avenge his wife’s attack. The hitman (played by the always darkly charismatic Guy Pearce) offers to kill off his wife’s attacker, and he’ll even do it for free. “We’re just a few citizens seeking justice,” he adds. Really? Isn’t that too good to be true?
“We may ask something of you in the future,” the hitman adds.
Of course, the thing he asks for in the future is for Will to kill someone. When Will refuses, the hitmen come after him and his wife.
Robert Tannen (Even Money) wrote the screenplay, from a story by Todd Hickey and Tannen. Helmed by Roger Donaldson (The Bank Job), the thriller was already released in Europe, and will hit U.S. theaters on March 16.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day