- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Seinfeld actor Daniel von Bargen is in critical condition after surviving a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.
Following his failed suicide attempt, Von Bargen dialed 911 and told the operator, “I’ve shot myself in the head… and I need help.” Listen to the tape via TMZ. Warning: audio clip contains graphic details.
PHOTOS: 10 Broadcast and Cable TV Show Most Watched By Men
“I shot in my temple,” he said.
Asked whether the incident was accidental, the actor responded that he “was supposed to go to the hospital” but “didn’t want to.” He went on to explain that he suffers from diabetes and that, “They were supposed to amputate at least a few toes.”
Police were dispatched to Von Bargen’s Cincinnati apartment, after which he was transported to a nearby hospital.
Von Bargen played Mr. Kruger on Seinfeld and Chief Grady in Super Troopers. He most recently starred in the 2009 comedy London Betty and appeared on Law & Order in 2004.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day