- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Selena Gomez has lined up her next film role.
The singer-actress, who most recently starred in Monte Carlo, will topline the indie film Parental Guidance Suggested. She will star opposite Nat Wolff in the offbeat coming-of-age comedy. Austin Stowell (The Secret Life of American Teenager) will co-star as the overbearing boyfriend of Gomez’s character.
Based on Ric Browde‘s 2000 novel While I’m Dead … Feed the Dog, the story centers on 16-year-old Ric Thibault (Wolff) and his crush Nina Pennington (Gomez) as they embark on a rock ‘n’ roll-themed odyssey.
News of the project began leaking out this week as several castmembers tweeted about their involvement. The cast also includes Dylan McDermott and Cary Elwes.
Tim Garrick wrote and will direct the film, which is being produced by Mad Chance (Get Smart, Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore).
Parental Guidance Suggested will shoot in Los Angeles.
CAA — which reps Gomez, Wolff, Stowell, McDermott and Garrick — packaged the film. Elwes is repped by APA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day