- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Will they use spinning stair lifts?
Talpa, the Dutch reality giant behind global hit The Voice, has launched a new spinoff of the singing competition program: The Voice Senior.
The format, which Talpa is introducing to buyers at the Mipcom TV trade fair in Cannes this week, has the AARP crowd competing to win over celebrity coaches. Contestants, all 65 and over, take part in the blind audition and knockout rounds familiar to fans of the original show. Talpa will air the first, Dutch version of Voice Senior in the Netherlands on RTL4 next year.
In addition to the original Voice, Talpa has a children’s version of the format, The Voice Kids, which is also a global hit, with shows on the air in 37 territories.
The Voice is the world’s most successful reality TV format, airing in more than 180 territories. The show recently picked up its fourth Emmy for best reality series competition.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day