- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Attention beauty junkies: Sephora, land of the products you never knew you needed, is launching its very own subscription box service, and it can be yours for only $10 per month!
WWD reports that the service, called “Play! By Sephora,” is part of the company’s strategy to “innovate or fall behind.” The cosmetics chain follows in the footsteps of brands like Birchbox, another $10 subscription beauty service which has in just five short years grown large enough to develop its own brick-and-mortar stores. Sephora senior VP of marketing Deborah Yeh referred to the brand’s new endeavor as the “third leg” of its retail strategy, which triangulates the Sephora experience in-stores, online and now at home.
Read more Model Bella Hadid Explains Life in L.A.
Available nationwide in 2016, the Play Box will include both Sephora branded products as well as some designer offerings and an interactive “Play! Book,” which not only details beauty tips and tricks, but also features scannable images that unlock content via the Sephora smartphone app. The first box, which will be previewed in test markets this September, is called “Uncover the Essentials,” and features five items, including goodies from brands like Marc Jacobs and Bumble and Bumble.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day