- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Almost one year after Serena Williams and Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian announced their engagement (via Reddit, naturally), the couple has tied the knot.
Unlike their engagement, which took place in Italy, the nuptials took place stateside — in New Orleans, specifically. According to the Daily Mail, the couple’s ceremony was held at the Contemporary Arts Center, and streets surrounding the venue were shut down in anticipation of the event.
Those closures make sense considering the VIP guest list, which included Beyonce, Kim Kardashian, Ciara, Kelly Rowland, Serena’s sis Venus Williams, Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour and, of course, the couple’s two-month-old daughter, Alexis Olympia Ohanian Jr.
Daily Mail also reports that Williams — herself a fashionista with her own clothing line to boot — changed into two dresses throughout the evening. Guests, meanwhile, were reportedly asked to dress for a Beauty and the Beast theme.
There was an ode to Williams tennis legacy, too. Attendees were seated at tables named for one of Williams’ twelve grand slam titles, and wedding favors were tiny gold trophies. (Because why not?)