- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It wasn’t only musicians raking in the accolades during Sunday’s annual BET Awards Show.
Both Michael Vick and Serena Williams were honored with the Subway Sportsman (and sportswoman, respectively) of the Year awards. Vick opted not to attend the ceremony in person, while Williams was busy in London as she eyes her fifth Wimbledon Title. Laila Ali announced the awards before a commercial break.
“BET I’m honored to win Sportsman of the Year!!” Vick tweeted. “Especially on my birthday!!! Thank you!!”
After famously serving jail time for illegal dog fighting, Vick signed with the Philadelphia Eagles and was named the NFL’s 2010 Comeback Player of the Year. Williams was named one for Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women in the World last year.
Chris Brown, another scandal prone celebrity, was the biggest winner of the evening. Brown took home four awards including Viewers’ Choice.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Jamie Lee Curtis
Monday Night Football