- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s no secret that Serena Williams is adored by the fashion set — she graced the cover of Vogue‘s April issue and has always killed it on the red carpet — so it only makes sense that New York Magazine tapped the Wimbledon champ as its cover star for the fall fashion issue.
Williams, who wears a form-fitting Elizabeth and James dress on the cover, talks to the glossy about focusing on fashion after she retires from the tennis courts, starting with her HSN line of athleticwear. But what she really wants to design are wedding dresses.
“That was my first real love,” said Williams, “but then I was like, Listen. I’m playing professional tennis. I’ll just do athleticwear.”
Whether or not Williams wins the U.S. Open next month, we have no doubt that she’ll continue to kill it with her next fashionable venture. And oh, one of the best splits we’ve seen in ages.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day