- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Seth MacFarlane, 39, is known for many things.
1. Having won two Emmy Awards.
2. Being a successful comedian, animator, screenwriter, producer, actor, voice actor and composer.
One thing he’s not particularly well-known for is his designer wardrobe. We’d be hard-pressed to find a single fashion credit for MacFarlane online. But the Oscars are about to change all that.
Fash Track overheard MacFarlane at the HBO Post-Globe Party in the Beverly Hilton telling a friend that Gucci is handling his Oscar apparel.
We don’t know if there will be multiple outfit changes — a la Anne Hathaway‘s multiple gowns in 2011 — or whether there will be only two Giorgio Armani tuxes, like host Billy Crystal (although we have a feeling the dapper MacFarlane will top that).
MacFarlane won’t be the only one in Gucci. Some of the hottest actors, including Javier Bardem, James Franco and Brad Pitt are big Gucci fans. Ben Affleck, Robert Pattinson and Ryan Gosling all wore Gucci to the Golden Globes last Sunday.
So far, there is no confirmation from Gucci. But can you blame them for not wanting to spoil the big surprise?
For the first time, The Hollywood Reporter will pay close attention to what MacFarlane wears. And not just because he’s dating Emilia Clarke, the Game of Thrones dragon-loving, silver-tressed Daenerys Targaryen, Queen of the Dothraki.
And we won’t be the only ones watching. Ad Age reports that ABC is getting much more money from advertisers this year than they did for last year’s Billy Crystal show. One exec said, “We haven’t been this well sold, this early, in over a decade. “
Looks like Gucci has really lined up a menswear winner.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day