- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rogen and Goldberg, coming off the success of This Is the End for Sony, packaged the project with Annapurna and presented it to the studio, which signed on to co-finance it with Annapurna.
Written by Rogen, Goldberg, Kyle Hunter and Ariel Shaffir from a story by Rogen, Goldberg and Jonah Hill, the film will be directed by Conrad Vernon (Shrek 2, Monsters vs. Aliens, Madagascar 3) and Greg Tiernan.
Annapurna and Rogen and Goldberg’s Point Grey Pictures are producing.
The film will be produced by Megan Ellison, Rogen, Goldberg and Vernon. Hill, James Weaver, Hunter and Shaffir are exec producing.
Nitrogen Studios Canada in Vancouver will handle all CG animation, design, production and postproduction. Sony Pictures will release the film worldwide and the studio is eyeing a release date in 2015.
The film is described as a raunchy animated movie about one sausage’s quest to discover the truth about his existence. After falling out of a shopping cart, our hero sausage and his new friends embark on a perilous journey through the supermarket to get back to their aisles before the Fourth of July sale.
Andrea Giannetti will oversee the project for the studio along with Hannah Minghella. David Distenfeld will oversee the project for Annapurna.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day