- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The creative team behind Mandate’s cancer comedy 50/50 is teaming up for another Mandate comedy.
Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, Jonathan Levine and Will Reiser are developing Jamaica, which sees 50/50 scribe Reiser back on writer duty and once again drawing on real-life experiences.
Levine, who directed 50/50, is attached to direct with Rogen and Goldberg producing via their Point Grey Pictures banner.
The script will be loosely based on a vacation he took to Jamaica with his grandmother when he was 14. Reiser calls Jamaica “something of a passion project.”
Reiser, Point Grey’s James Weaver, and Mandate’s Nathan Kahane and Nicole Brown will executive produce.
50/50, which was once known as I’m With Cancer, stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Rogen, Anna Kendrick, Bryce Dallas Howard, and Anjelica Huston. Mandate opens the film September 30, 2011.
Rogen, Goldberg, Reiser are repped by UTA while Levine is repped by CAA and Ragna Nervik. Reiser is additionally repped by Thruline Entertainment while Rogen by Principal Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day