- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Sony’s The Interview stars, Seth Rogen and James Franco, have canceled scheduled press appearances on Tuesday and Wednesday in the wake of the Sony hackers latest cyberthreats.
“No press today or tomorrow, will reassess Thursday,” a representative for Rogen told The Hollywood Reporter. The New York premiere of The Interview is still currently scheduled at the Sunshine Cinema for Thursday. A source told THR earlier in the day that the premiere could face last-minute changes due to security concerns.
Seth Rogen was on The Colbert Report on Monday night. The actor, along with co-star James Franco, taped an interview that was aired on Good Morning America on Tuesday as part of the media tour for the film.
In the latest twist in the cyberattack, hackers released a new batch of data on Tuesday and invoked the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks in a message emailed to reporters. “Soon all the world will see what an awful movie Sony Pictures Entertainment has made. The world will be full of fear,” stated the note, allegedly from a group that calls itself the Guardians of Peace.
The press cancelations were earlier reported by BuzzFeed News.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day