- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rogen is set to star in the untitled project as Herschel Greenbaum, a young man who falls into a factory pickle barrel and emerges, one hundred years later, into hipster Brooklyn. Brandon Trost, who has worked on a cinematographer on earlier Rogen movies, is in talks to make his directorial debut on the Columbia comedy.
Trost served as director of photography on This Is the End, Neighbors and The Disaster Artist. He also directed an episode of the TV series Future Man, which Rogen executive produces.
Simon Rich, who wrote “Sell Out,” the 2013 New Yorker novella on which the new project is based, will write the screenplay based on his own story. Rogen, who made Sausage Party with Sony, Goldberg and James Weaver, will produce the movie adaptation through their Point Grey Pictures banner.
Alexandria McAtee and Rich will executive produce. Production on the film is set to start Oct. 29 in Pittsburgh.
Rogen, Goldberg, and Weaver are repped by UTA. Rogen is managed by Principal Entertainment. Trost is repped by UTA. Rich is repped by UTA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day