- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s a bad day to be an Orc. Admittedly, there are rarely good days to be an Orc, but as a new short released to promote the Lord of the Rings spin-off video game Shadows of Mordor reveals, today in particular is an especially bad day.
The seven-minute short was created for Warner Bros. Interactive by Sam Gorski and Niko Pueringer of L.A.-based production house Corridor Digital, with Billy Bussey, Clinton Jones, Xin Sarith Wuku and Matthew Mercer amongst those bringing the world of the game to life — and, in the case of the Orcs, death.
The game, set between J.R.R. Tolkein’s The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, puts the player in the role of a reincarnated ranger looking for revenge against the forces of Sauron responsible for his death. As you can see from the short, he’s not doing too badly on the score before the game begins.
Earlier this year, Corridor created the Superman with a GoPro video as a way to promote their ongoing Patreon campaign to crowdfund its work. To date, more than 800 patrons have signed up. Judging by this video, that number definitely deserves to rise.
The Shadows of Mordor videogame will be released Sept. 30 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC, and Nov. 18 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day