- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Shakira and Gerard Pique are the proud parents of a baby boy.
Milan Pique Mebarak was born at 9:36 p.m. Jan. 22 in Barcelona, Spain, an announcement on Shakira’s website said.
“The name Milan (pronounced MEE-lahn), means dear, loving and gracious in Slavic; in Ancient Roman, eager and laborious; and in Sanskrit, unification,” the announcement says. “Just like his father, baby Milan became a member of FC Barcelona at birth.”
Shakira (whose last name is Mebarak) and her boyfriend, a central defender for FC Barcelona soccer club, announced in September that she was pregnant and revealed the sex of the baby in October.
Shakira will be one of two new coaches on NBC’s The Voice when the show returns in March. She and Usher are replacing Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green. While pregnant, Shakira filmed some parts of the show, including the blind auditions.
At a press event in late 2012, the Colombian singer told reporters that her maternal instincts were already kicking into gear when it came to nurturing her contestants.
“I don’t know if because I’m pregnant or what, but I’ve got maternal instincts, and I feel like, you know, they are somehow my kids,” she told reporters. “I have to look after them and protect them.”