- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Shameless actor Justin Chatwin has joined indie thriller Urge, starring Pierce Brosnan.
Veteran producer Aaron Kaufman (Machete, Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, Chef) is making his directorial debut with the film. The story centers on a group of friends who escape to an island destination weekend and find themselves unable to resist trying a new designer drug. But the drug has one major side effect: it makes people lose the ability to control their urges.
Justin will play a character named Jason, who is the the film’s protagonist. Brosnan is playing the creator and gatekeeper of the island’s new drug.
Bridgeworks Media Capital, TCI and 360 Elite Media & Entertainment are financing the film, which is produced by Skip Williamson and Mark Neveldine through their Blackmrkt Incorporated banner. The film begins production in New York in October.
Tim Smith, Alastair Burlingham, Lee Vandermolen, Yoram Barzilai, Frank Martinez, Anthony Gudas, Clay Pecorin, Rus-sell Geyser, Gerald Fruchtman and Peter Fruchtman are executive producing.
Chatwin has been starring on Showtime’s Shameless since season one. He’s got two indies in post: The Greens Are Gone and No Stranger Than Love. He’s repped by UTA, Alchemy Entertainment and Sloane, Offer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day