- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Shannen Doherty has revealed that her breast cancer has spread.
“I had breast cancer that spread to the lymph nodes, and from one of my surgeries we discovered that some of the cancer cells might have actually gone out of the lymph nodes,” the 45-year-old actress told Entertainment Tonight, adding that she will now undergo chemotherapy and radiation.
“The unknown is always the scariest part,” she told ET. “Is the chemo going to work? Is the radiation going to work? You know, am I going to have to go through this again, or am I going to get secondary cancer? Everything else is manageable. Pain is manageable. You know, living without a breast is manageable, it’s the worry of your future and how your future is going to affect the people that you love.”
The Beverly Hills, 90210 actress was diagnosed with breast cancer in March 2015.
In the same recent interview with ET, Doherty revealed she had a single mastectomy in May.
Last week, Doherty posted several pictures to Instagram of her shaving her head, presumably for her treatments.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day