- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sharknado is coming to a theater near you.
Regal Cinemas will host midnight shows of Sharknado on August 2 at roughly 200 theaters across the country, including New York City’s Regal Union Square Stadium 14 and L.A.’s Regal L.A. Live Stadium 14.
CLICK HERE TO SEE A FULL LIST OF PARTICIPATING THEATERS
Regal is hoping to create an experience similar to theatrical showings of the Rocky Horror Picture Show by featuring Sharknado on the big screen.
“You know how audiences have had fun with Rocky Horror Picture Show over the years. If the internet reactions to this film are any indication, then our moviegoers are primed and ready to enjoy Sharknado larger than life in cinemas,” Chris Sylvia, director of digital marketing for Regal Entertainment Group, said in a statement. “Regal is proud to be giving our guests this chance to fuel the social media whirlwind by inviting friends to come to the show and tweeting reactions.”
Ken Thewes, Regal’s chief marketing officer added: “There’s just something epic about watching these huge beasts on the big screen with your friends and family. The crowd reactions will make for a memorable experience in our theatres.”
Tickets will cost $12.50 each.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day