- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sharon Stone has joined the cast of The Disaster Artist, New Line’s making-of movie about one of the worst films of all time, the 2003 drama The Room.
James Franco is directing the pic as well as starring in it with brother Dave Franco and Seth Rogen.
Disaster Artist is currently shooting in Los Angeles and boasts a call sheet that includes Zac Efron, Josh Hutcherson, Alison Brie and Kate Upton. Also in the cast are Ari Graynor, Jacki Weaver, Hannibal Buress and Andrew Santino.
James Franco is portraying the eccentric Tommy Wiseau, helmer and star of The Room, which developed a strong cult following, including among celebrities.
Wiseau had no filmmaking experience when he set out to write, direct and produce the pic, which centers on a man named Johnny whose fiancee, Lisa, cheats on him with his best friend, Mark.
Stone will play a Hollywood agent.
The Oscar-nominated actress starred on TNT’s just-canceled action series Agent X and has the indie drama Running Wild in post. She is repped by Gersh and Binder & Associates.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day