- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Actress Victoria Summer is readying her third annual British tea event that will serve as a fundraiser for Teen Cancer America, the nonprofit co-founded by Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend of The Who. Scheduled for Dec. 12, the event is going virtual for the first time due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Victoria Summer’s Virtual Tea Party” will feature Grammy winner Sheryl Crow, Tony Award-winner Alfie Boe and actress Lesley Nicol. Described as an “interactive tea party,” the program includes a master class in making vegan scones from scratch with star chef Fabrizio Vaccaro; a primer on proper tea etiquette with William Hanson, fellow of the Royal Society of the Arts and a trusted authority on etiquette and civility; tea cocktail tutorial with tea purveyor Lawrence Charles of Charles & Company, an international expert in the tradition of British tea; chocolate cake tutorial with Downton Abbey star Nicol; and a conversation between Summer and a young cancer survivor who will share experiences and sing a duet with the hostess.
More information about the event, which is presented by organic luxury tea brand Charles & Company, TCA corporate partner First Citizens Bank and French West Vaughn, is available here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day