- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Shia LaBeouf has been arrested in Georgia on suspicion of disorderly conduct, among other charges, according to Chatham County Sheriff’s Office jail records.
The 31-year-old actor was arrested around 4 a.m. on Saturday on suspicion of obstruction, disorderly conduct and public drunkenness, records show.
LaBeouf’s bond is $7,000. All the charges are misdemeanors. He was arrested by the Savannah-Chatham Metropolitan Police.
According to police, LaBeouf became irate after he was refused a cigarette by someone he approached. An officer was nearby.
“He became disorderly, using profanities and vulgar language in front of the women and children present,” police said in a statement. “He was told to leave the area and refused, becoming aggressive toward the officer. When the officer attempted to place LaBeouf under arrest, LaBeouf ran to a nearby hotel. LaBeouf was arrested in the hotel lobby, where his disorderly behavior continued.”
This is not the first time LaBeouf has been arrested for allegedly being drunk and disorderly in public. The Transformers actor was arrested in 2014 after he disrupted a Cabaret performance in New York.
A request for comment from LaBeouf’s rep was not immediately returned.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day