- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Shia LaBeouf trades Transformers for 1930s-set crime drama in John Hillcoat‘s Lawless, which has issued a new trailer ahead of its debut at the Cannes Film Festival next month.
LaBeouf portrays brother and fellow bootlegger to Tom Hardy in Depression-era Virginia, with Guy Pearce and a gun-toting Gary Oldman adding a touch of menace. Jessica Chastain and Mia Wasikowska also star; the Weinstein Co. snapped up the U.S. rights to the film, which is based on the novel “The Wettest County in the World” by Matt Bondurant, adapted by screenwriter Nick Cave.
Lawless officially debuts Aug. 31, but will receive a red-carpet rollout at Cannes.
Watch the trailer below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Taika Waititi, Eva Longoria and Niecy Nash-Betts Talk Leading the Diversity Charge at The Hollywood Reporter’s Raising Our Voices Luncheon
Tallulah Willis Opens Up About Coping With Father Bruce Willis’ Dementia, Says She’s “Known Something Was Wrong for a Long Time”
Sharon Stone Discusses Challenges With Getting Work Since Her Stroke, Rails Against “Anti-Woke Bullsh**” at THR’s Raising Our Voices Event
Harassment in Hollywood
Los Angeles District Attorney Decides Against Bringing Charges in Armie Hammer Sexual Misconduct Case
Boston University President Accuses 2023 Graduates of “Cancel Culture” After They Boo David Zaslav During Commencement